Dental implants offer a great solution for missing teeth problems. Dental implants will look, feel, and function like your natural teeth. No one will even know you have implants!
Dental implants benefits
- Dental implants help to prevent bone loss and gum recession since they integrate into the bone structure.
- Dental implants do not need the support of surrounding teeth like a bridge does. Therefore, the surrounding teeth remain unaltered and untouched.
- Dental implants will allow you to speak more clearly and eat more comfortably again.
- Clean and take care of your implants as you would your natural teeth–brushing and flossing like normal.
- Dental implants are an excellent option for tooth replacement.
- Dental implants preserve the natural facial structure, unlike dentures.
What is involved in the dental implant placement process?
The implants are tiny titanium posts that get placed into the jawbone where teeth are missing. Then the bone bonds with the titanium during a process called osseointegration, which creates a very strong foundation for the implant.
After the gums had several weeks to heal, the next step begins– the implants are made and fitted to the post (a portion of the anchor). Surgery must be performed in order to place the anchor. It may take up to six months for the bone to fully grow around the anchor.
Some dental implants may require a second surgery, but mainly only one surgery is needed since the anchor and post are attached and placed at the same time.
All of this is completed at Sales Family Dental typically while under some form of sedation.
What are mini dental implants? Are they right for me?
Mini dental implants are just that— small implants. They can be placed in one day (in a few hours) in order to stabilize loose dentures. Patients feel little discomfort during the procedure, and typically recover quickly.
During the mini implants procedure, one of our doctors will numb the area and create a space for the screws. Usually we use six mini implants to insert inside the holes and tighten each one to serve as anchors. Your denture will be retrofitted with a metal housing so the denture can snap into place.
Dental implants and mini dental implants at Sales Family Dental
Are you wondering whether or not you can benefit from implants? The way to find out is to call us to schedule your consultation appointment. During the appointment, we can help you to determine if implants are the best option for your smile. Call us today.