What is Invisalign?
Invisalign clear braces are a fairly new orthodontic treatment, many patients may be skeptical about their effectiveness. The notion that crooked teeth can be corrected so easily seems to go against the idea of enduring years of discomfort associated with traditional orthodontics. At Deep River Dentistry, we have successfully helped many patients attain the beautiful smile they’ve dreamed of with Invisalign clear orthodontics.
You may have noticed that, until recently, there have been few options available for correcting misaligned teeth. But in just a few short years, Invisalign clear orthodontics have helped over a million people achieve their goal of a perfect smile efficiently and with little or no discomfort. Invisalign invisible braces have proven to be very effective and provide many advantages over traditional metal braces. That’s right! Invisalign is the practically invisible treatment option for bringing your bite into proper alignment
How does it Work?
We take impressions of your smile and sending them to the Invisalign lab, our team will receive a set of personalized aligners made from clear, comfortable plastic. Each one is designed to represent the arrangement of your teeth as they slowly move towards their ideal alignment. Patients just need to wear each aligner for at least 20-22 hours a day and then remember to switch to the next one after a couple of weeks of use.
- Like the name suggests, the aligners are virtually unnoticeable when worn, allowing patients to remain confident and enthusiastic when it comes to showing off their smile.
- There are no uncomfortable wires or brackets to worry about – the tough plastic of the aligners is customized to fit comfortably in your mouth.
- Their removable nature means that you can still enjoy all your favorite foods and practice oral hygiene at home like normal
- Invisalign treatment usually requires around 8-18 months, which is a big improvement over the two or more years traditional braces can often require.
Treatment and Benefits:
We begin by taking photos and x-rays of your teeth using a scanning process that produces a detailed, three dimensional computer model of your teeth. We determine exactly what treatment approach will be most effective by taking into account the desired healthy position of each of your teeth. Once we receive your set of custom aligners, we will instruct you on how to use and care for them. One of the advantages of Invisalign aligners is that you can see and feel the progress as your teeth begin to move into the correct position.
- Because they are made of smooth, flexible plastic, Invisalign® aligners are much more comfortable than traditional metal braces.
- They are completely removable for eating, brushing and flossing.
- Proper oral hygiene is much more efficient than with traditional braces since there are no brackets where particles of food can become lodged.
- They are easily removed for sports where a protective mouth guard is required.
- Treatment times are reduced, and in-office visits are scheduled at four-week intervals so we can monitor progress and make adjustments as necessary.
At first you may notice that the aligners are snug and don’t quite fit your teeth perfectly. This is because each set of aligners is designed to gently coax your teeth into position as treatment advances. After about two weeks, you will notice that the aligners feel somewhat looser. What you are seeing and feeling is progress in action as you move to the next set of aligners.